Thursday, April 7, 2011

Candy and tasks

I have spent a substantial amount of time over the past few days tidying up and organizing and doing things I generally don't like to do. Things I do much too irregularly. Things I spend an exorbitant amount of energy loathing. And in doing them, I have found, once again, as I have always found, relief. Not quite the relief I have mentioned in posts past, but relief nonetheless. That relief translates into a kind of happiness that is impossible to experience without finishing troubling tasks.

What do I do to reward myself? I eat left-overs from the brunch (including drinking some of the corked champagne) and watch a "Cougar Town" marathon. (Take it easy with your judgments. If there were Bravo to watch, I'd be watching. That crap is like candy for me. Empty calories that bring temporary joy, followed by self-disgust and regret.)

No comments:

Post a Comment