Monday, June 13, 2011

Time and presence

I love my work. I'm bored with the songs I use, but I still love my work. 


One of the hardest, but most special, parts of today was when a resident pulled me aside and asked that I explain to her what is happening. She had just been hospitalized, and had before lived on a high-functioning floor, when now she lives in palliative care. I did my best to describe to her what changes she is experiencing. She was thankful for the explanation. 


I get so mad at myself about thinking I don't know enough, but sometimes being able to spend time with the people I see seems to be exactly what they need. 


Last week, one of my co-workers suggested she could run a residents' play. This immediately made me think of the movie, "Young@Heart." Watch this movie, if you're a person. I love it. 





No comments:

Post a Comment