Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Good night, bad night

Until recently, I had worked as a server in a restaurant. I have done that off and on for a few years, and I hated it. Some days I would sit inside my car outside the restaurant and have to do breathing exercises in order to get up enough stamina to get out. Most of the time, I worked night shifts, and so I attributed some of the dread to the thought of spending my entire night doing something I most definitely did not enjoy. 
Now I've come to consider that possibly it's simply working at night, or rather doing anything in the evening that doesn't involve eating and passive entertainment, that bothers and somewhat panics me. I work at the nursing home, a job that I like, this evening, but I am already having trouble breathing. I wonder why that is. I am absolutely a morning person, but man, it's only a few hours that I'll be there tonight, and it's not going to be that difficult. I am dreading going, however. 
Maybe this dread is happening because I will be missing a chance to see The Music Never Stopped with a bunch of my music therapy friends and Thomas. I hope it's good and that I'll see it soon enough.

Band: The Yeah Yeah Yeahs.

2 comments:

  1. Hope your night went as smoothly as possible. Thomas should have a ticket for both of you that admits two, so I hope you're able to see it next Wednesday! Make sure to get there early, right at 6:30 if possible. (You might even be able to exchange your voucher for a ticket earlier in the day just to get in) but it's worth it :) It's a beautiful film. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

    How was the night, after all?

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynn,
    Thank you-- yes, Thomas procured for us two tickets for next week. I am looking forward to it, but was sorry to miss seeing it with you. I'm glad you liked it.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete